6.20.2012

Summer Fun...

Last night is what summer nights are supposed to be like.  Hot air, smiles, good beer and great friends.  My Tuesday night walk home was probably the best walk home for a summer night ever; I plucked some flowers (shhh..lol) and strolled home from an event and thought to myself, "in this moment I am having a love affair with my city".  I went to bed with a sense of summer joy that I haven't had in while.  For a Tuesday, I couldn't have asked for a better night!

Now to tell you how it all went down!

Our local artisan cafe/restaurant {Cornerstone} was host to {WellingtonBrewery} showcasing their lineup of five beers and local cheese shop {Ouderkirk&Taylor} paired cheese with their beers.  This was perfect for me since I am not a big fan of darker beers I got to expand my horizons and try new things, something I love doing.  And then as a lover of cheese it was perfect to try some amazing cheeses and also experience them with beer!  Something I have never thought to do or would have thought go together!  Jeff from {Ouderkirk&Taylor} and Bryan from {WellingtonBrewery} walked us thru each beer and cheese and I can say I came out learning lots!  Below are some pictures of the beer/cheese/and event to show you how it all looked!  I cannot wait to do it again next year!  I love when local shops get together and do these events, it is just another reason I love this city.  You mingle with people you might not otherwise have the chance to do, you try new things, and most of all you have a Tuesday night for the memory books that might have been spent at home otherwise.

Now since this is a fashion/lifestyle blog I should be showing you what I wore.  But frankly it was so humid last night both getting ready and at the event that I was melting and it wouldn't have made for good pictures!  hahahaha but so you have an idea I did wear {this} romper!..lol  And hair UP because again it was just sooo darn hot out!

How did you spend your Tuesday night?






No comments:

Post a Comment