4.12.2012

Spotlight...

The Tweet that spread faster than wild fire around the fashion world yesterday afternoon:

@Jeanne_Beker "So surreal. This dream is over: After 27 glorious years, FT production ceased today. So sad to see some of my closest colleagues move on."

Later confirmed by CTV News that Bell Media has cancelled the long time running institution known as {Fashion Television} the fashion world was shocked and I for one was floored!

{Fashion Television} was a show that defined the way I perceive clothes and fashion.  At a young age I knew who designers were, what trends were happening and all because of Jeanne Beker and {Fashion Television} were on the air and in my living room.  When I first wanted a career in the television world I had an interview at Fashion Television to become an intern.  I was offered the position and I turned it down for another opportunity;  I look back at that as possibly the biggest career mistakes I have had.

I am deeply sadden to see this cornerstone of not only Canadian television but a show that pioneered the way the public sees fashion end.  However, I am beyond intrigued to watch what the effortless and graceful Jeanne Beker will do in the coming years, because I know it will be AMAZING!

It is the end of an era.  A very fashionable era.

Here are a few images of Jeanne Beker at work over the years.

 at the launch of FT in 1985

 in 1990 with a younger Michael Kors and Marc Jacobs

 with the divine Tom Ford in 2004

Images via {TorontoLife}

No comments:

Post a Comment