7.22.2011

Finds...

One of my favorite Sunday morning activities aside from fresh coffee and reading the paper is hitting up the Aberfoyle Antique Market.  Few weeks ago when I went with my friend Shannon it was a spectacular day.  The best is just walking around and taking in the atmosphere and seeing all the little unique things that vendors have to offer.   
You never do leave empty handed.

 
I went with nothing in mind, she went on a mission.  She came out successful with a coffee table tray, some vessels for plants, and some old cigarette tins for décor table items.  Quite a treasure-trove for her!

This sign was on the ceiling of a vendors shop.  I want to recreate it for my house since they wouldn’t sell it to me.


Always useful to have some vampire stakes on hand; Purchase them there..lol


Then there was this secretary.  For some reason this half Parisian blue piece spoke to me; and then she came home with me.  It’s from approximately 1850, so she is an oldie but in good condition.  In the next couple weeks it is going off to be refurnished by a local man in Fergus.  It will be stained in Walnut, so good bye Parisian blue.  


I can’t wait to show you the update in a month or so when I get it back.  Stay tuned!

I am off to Port Elgin, for a weekend of sun tanning and chilling.
Hope you all have a great weekend too!!!!

2 comments: